Successful Boutique Vacation Rental Management Firm with Prime Opportunities for Midwest Expansion Currently Serving the Great Lakes Region
Strong Revenues; Solid & Scalable Systems Position Firm for Dynamic Growth.
The company, established in 2014, is a boutique, premier short-term rental leader in the Great Lakes Region.
The founder set out to create a lean and bootstrapped property management firm that would grow in a sustainable fashion with no outside/investor opinions funding its own growth. Because the Company has been managed responsibly and conservatively, revenue for the Company rebounded to more than $2 million in 2021, a 74% increase over COVID-impacted 2020 levels and just short of 2019 figures. Net income increased by 77% to $175,187 when compared to ($226,373) in 2020 which was during the height of the pandemic, regaining much ground almost equaling its pre-pandemic 2019 level of $200,071.
Many marketing opportunities exist but the firm has chosen to scale responsibly by limiting their growth to high quality clients/properties, with a “focus on those who are within their networks.” The company utilizes best-in-class technology partners and tools to scale operations and deliver high quality and high touch service. They are able to do this while maintaining a lean headcount and delivering unparalleled property revenues with high consistency and low cost thus positioning the firm for continued growth. Industry reports suggest pent-up demand that will lead to strong growth in future years in the vacation rental industry. The market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 3.4% through 2027 (Grandview Research).
- $2.0 million in revenue in 2021. While the Company’s revenue dipped sharply during the COVID 19 pandemic, 2021 revenues rebounded strongly to near-2019 levels.
- With headquarters in The Great Lakes Region, the Company is the area’s only professional and reliable vacation rental (VR) property management company.
- The firm is a process-oriented organization, following defined operating procedures, flows and timing. Clients value working with a company that operates like a much larger organization, rather than someone’s side hustle.
- The Company has been in operation since 2014. Its website has been live since that time.
- The business has two leased physical locations (offices, plus operations and storage) totaling 3,994 square feet, plus six parking spaces.
- Revenue is strongest from May through October, lower in November, December and April, and lowest in Q1.
- As the STR (short term rental) market continues to grow, the Company’s solid and readily-scaled systems position it for dynamic growth in the hands of new ownership.
This company is for sale with an open bid.
Certain principals of Raincatcher are registered representatives offering securities and investment banking services through Britehorn Securities, a registered broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Britehorn Securities and Raincatcher are not affiliated entities.