Colorado Ski Country Commercial Equipment Rental Business
Robust Profitability, Healthy Gross Margins & Knowledgeable Team: SBA Pre-Approved!
The company, based in Colorado ski country, is a commercial equipment rental business. In operation since 2005, the company has responded to the demand of its customers who have asked them to carry a diverse full line of rental equipment as an alternative to sourcing equipment with high delivery fees from companies in the nearest metropolitan area. In return, as the only full line commercial equipment rental outlet in the area, the company has developed a loyal following of within the community.
Roughly 90% of the Company's revenues are derived from the rental of equipment and related delivery charges. The Company's most popular rental items are aerial equipment (boom lifts, scissor lifts, reach forklifts), excavating equipment (excavators, skid steer loaders, attachments), compaction, scaffolding, concrete equipment, heating/thawing equipment and other general tools.
Sales for the US commercial equipment rental and leasing companies industry are forecast to grow at a 5.36% compounded annual rate from 2017 to 2023, faster than the growth of the overall economy.
Today, the company continues its growth due to its ability to react quickly, the growing demand within the trade area, strong customer loyalty and unique location with little competitors. Various opportunities for growth still exist for the company through additional locations, additional product lines, incorporation of ancillary charges and increased sales and marketing efforts.
- Established business with an excellent reputation.
- SBA Pre-Approved
- Highly knowledgeable operations and management teams that operate the business independently of the owners.
- Healthy gross margins of at least 97% over the past three years; an average of 34% for net profit margins
- Consistent and robust profitability over the years (in the top 10 percentile of all rental businesses)
- Superior financial health and performance compared to peers in the industry
- Loyal customers who care about the Company and its prosperity
- Industry-leading reputation within the local market
- Company has grown organically mainly through word of mouth and referrals and is ready to see sales explode with the introduction of marketing and sales solutions.
- Organic growth from the company’s current single location will continue to grow at 8% to 12% annually, which could be accelerated by leveraging several available growth opportunities.
- The company services a unique trade area, which has proven to be a profitable niche created by the geographic terrain of the Mountain Region.
- Company offers personalized customer service, fast response times and affordable delivery rates compared to rivals.
- Strong market share with local construction companies who prefer to rent from the company
- The Company is the only significant construction equipment rental business located within its county, an area whose growth has been driven by the local ski area.
The owners plan to retire from the industry after their company's sale.